There are at least 9 areas of major wonderings of school leaders:
1.
Staff
development
2.
Curriculum
development
3.
Individual
teacher(s)
4.
Individual
student(s)
5.
School
culture/community
6.
Leadership
7.
Management
8.
School
performance
9.
Social
justice or equity issues
Each of these areas are critical for a school to be successful. Action research should be done within each of these areas in a constant attempt to make the school the best it can be. Administrators should be looking for opportunities to improve and utilize the action research process.
For my action research project I plan to evaluate the effects of a tutoring class on student attitudes and anxiety regarding standardized science exams, and how the tutoring class affects students' test scores.
For my action research project I plan to evaluate the effects of a tutoring class on student attitudes and anxiety regarding standardized science exams, and how the tutoring class affects students' test scores.
Action research is a great tool for continual school improvement, especially when utilized in the 9 areas you listed. I'm doing a similar research project. Mine will also be looking at the effects of a new in school tutoring program.
ReplyDeleteVisit by my blog when you get a chance:
http://christasactionresearch.blogspot.com/
I am also doing an action research in regards to revamping our tutoring program so it can be more beneficial instead of a social gathering for students. Would love to get feedback from you and vice versa!
ReplyDeleteThis week, I learned a lot more about the action research and how the topics are so important.
ReplyDeleteI teach elementary students and the anxiety for the little ones is high! Student achievement would not be the same without the tutoring. So I am interested your research with anxiety and the tutoring.